The Canterbury Underwater Club Lodge offers a fantastic facility to both members and non-members with dedicated boat parking, gear washing facilities, fish filleting stations, crayfish cooker and a communal cooking and living area.
Please remember that while pillows with pillowcases and bottom sheets are provided, you need to bring your own bedding. A laundry fee of $5 per person per stay is required to cover the cost of commercially laundering the CUC sheets after your stay. This is payable at check in when picking up the key.
The lodge can sleep a maximum of 20 people in its’ five rooms, specific rooms can be requested when booking but may change to accommodate the numbers of person in a party.
The Annex rooms (11 to 16) can sleep up to 16 people and will be reserved for members only unless the entire Lodge has been pre-booked for a Group.
This will not apply to holiday weekends and may be varied for either of the above if the lodge is only or likely to be partially occupied during your stay.
Members and Partners $15.00 per person per night
Child 5-17 years $5.00 per child per night
Child under 5 years Free
Member Cancellation Policy
Prior to mid-day on the day of arrival No Charge
Later than mid-day on the planned day of arrival 1 night charged
Cancellation of a booking for a holiday weekend must be done 3 days prior to the planned day of arrival or a two night penalty charge will apply if the beds booked cannot be re-let. The booking agent will advise the Treasurer and Secretary in these events.
Adult $26.00 per person per night
Child 5-17 years $10.00 per child per night
Child Under 5 Free
Vouchers can be used for non-members (for a stay when accompanied by a member) but will redeemed at the non-member price.
Non-Member Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of bookings and refund of deposits will be as per standard motel practice for Groups or Individuals.
Lodge Booking Information
Bookings are handled by Sam and Lyn Wang. To lessen the impact on them in the running of their own business, we kindly ask that you respect the following instructions:
- E-mail is the preferred booking method.
- Phone bookings should be made no later than 7pm and no earlier than midday.
- Please let Sam or Lyn know how many people are in your group so they can allocate beds and also the member/non-member make up of your party.
- For any group booking, preference is for one person to go to Blue Seas Motel office to pay for all accommodation and to uplift all room keys. (This speeds up the process for all concerned)
- Payment must be made upon collection of keys and your membership card must be shown to avail yourself of the member rates – Vouchers, Cash or Cheque only please, NO EFTPOS.
- Uplift keys before 8pm; please phone them if you are running late.
- On day of departure from the lodge allocated room must be vacated by 11.30 am. Fitted sheet and pillow cases to be placed in laundry basket.
Blue Seas Motel – Sam and Lyn Wang
222 The Esplanade
p: 03 319 5441
General Lodge Rules and Obligations for ALL Users
- No Pets of any description to be taken onto or into any part of Club Lodge facilities unless the committee receives a request in writing prior to staying in the Lodge and approves pets to be there under special circumstances only.
- Any visiting guests may not over-night at the lodge unless booking and registration is completed at Blue Seas Motel prior to 8.00 pm and it does not interfere with any other persons booking.
- No smoking is permitted at the Club Lodge.
- Alcohol consumption is permitted in moderation.
- General noise to be kept to a minimum late in the evening to be respectful to others staying at the lodge.
- No undersize Fish/Crayfish/Shellfish or excess quota of any species to be kept at the club lodge.
- BBQ and Crayfish Cooker are only to be used outside.
- Clean up when you leave. Leave the lodge as you would like to find it.
- Keys must be returned to Blue Seas Motel on the day of departure, lost keys will incur a $25.00 fee.
- Please direct any complaints (other than minor booking issues), suggestions or issues with the lodge facilities to a committee member.
These conditions of use of the Lodge are authorized by the President, Treasurer, and Secretary of the Canterbury Underwater Club Inc.
Signed on behalf of the executive of the committee:
Mark Buckland – Treasurer